Fund Your Degree

If You Are a Ph.D. Student

If you are a graduate student admitted directly into the Ph.D. program, you will receive a fellowship that covers tuition and provides a modest stipend for living expenses during the first year of your program. Subsequently, you are guaranteed three years (nine consecutive quarters) of guaranteed employment as a teaching assistant in the Department of Ethnic Studies.

If You Are a Master’s Degree Student

Master’s students are encouraged to apply for work as teaching assistants for the Department of Ethnic Studies and related departments to defray the costs of tuition and fees.

During the Summer

During summer months, graduate students have opportunities to work as teaching assistants and/or associate instructors, but summer employment is not guaranteed.

More Funding Opportunities


Conference Funding